Wednesday, August 1, 2007

walking, walking and more walking

Firstly, thanks for the emails recently and I apologise for the delay in repling but I will get back to you LANCE, patience is a virtue.

Since the Stockholm or Bust escapade (which ended in Bust if you hadn't guessed), I've been hiking in the north of Sweden, orginally with the intent of catching the midnight sun, but unfortunately I wasnt able to locate it so 11ish pm will have to do for now. I cant be bothered writing a good story about it so I compiled an efficient list of Highlights and Lowlights. I think you should get the idea.

Highlights
  • picking and subsequently eating masses of wildfruits (mainly raspberries and blueberries)
  • taking two bush shits
  • spitting on and disposing of my German ex-military training shoes (for explanation see Lowlights and photos)
Lowlights
  • My German ex-military training shoes blowing out after 27 of about 150 km
  • The ensuing daily struggle between the combination of my wit (depleted), 2 metres of bailing twine, a butter knife, a navigational compass and 1 metre of medical tape to keep the German ex-military training shoes on and blisters off my feet.
  • Mega lowlight, the life of any poor soul that shared cabins or walked in the vapour trail following me after such consumption of wildfruits as mentioned above.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

German engineering huh?! pfft...

Liam said...

you forgot to mention under your highlights, taking a dump in the bush , having to use the nearist pine tree for "cleaning" and finding it strangely arousing.

Nikki Elisabeth said...

Oh hilarious. Love the shoes. Bailing twine to the rescue.